The BIG MAC

July 14th , 2008, We head out to Hinkley, MN, for the Paradise Park Reunion and get to do one of our favourite things, cross the Mackinac Bridge. There are so many impressive sights and I always take too many pictures. Come with me as I share the Beautiful Big Mac with you.

This is the first view as you get close.
Look off to the left and there are two of these large wind turbines usually turning slowly.

This is so much fun for me, not so much for driver Bob. It is a long way down to the water.




My cousin Janet and Husband Neil are some of the few people who have had the opportunity to enter inside the tower and climb to the view from "up top". Hers is a interesting and funny story about how the wind is so strong it sucks your hair out through the opening and she had a skirt on that day!!!!
Compare this photo with the others , it was taken on the way home on a very foggy day. No blue sky and clouds. I was driving so Bob could look but I could not resist picking up the camera while driving. I told Bob he has to be come the photographer sometimes as it is too dangerous with me doing double duty.

I even like the photo op from the rear view mirror.


Some one even trimmed the trees at the rest area so you can see the Bridge from their deck.
If you have not yet "crossed over the bridge" I invite you to make the trip and see for yourself.


There are many places along Highway 2 to take another look.
Oh yes,, we live aprox 247 miles straight south.
--

9 comments:

Michelle said...

your bridge pictures are much better than mine from april... mine looked like your foggy one...

Anonymous said...

The last photo is my favorite. Its beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The last photo is my favorite. Its Beautiful, belongs in a poster size frame on a wall. PS this is why I never leave comments I have tried 3 times to post this one and keep having to retype it. Lisa

Anonymous said...

The last photo is my favorite. Its Beautiful, belongs in a poster size frame on a wall. PS this is why I never leave comments I have tried 3 times to post this one and keep having to retype it. Lisa
4x-5x...

Anonymous said...

OMG it did post. I'm such a dork.LOL Lisa

amy said...

Lisa I am laughing my ass off at you!! The pictures are great!! nothing about the reunion eh??

mary said...

Amy, it is coming ....next blog.

grandma

Connie said...

Those are really great photos. Gees, you always gave me a hard time about driving and putting on make-up, but I NEVER took picures while I drove. (OK, perhaps it was too good an opportunity to miss.)

Van-Go said...

Love that bridge; with all the different views, felt like we were riding across with you!