Zoo tour with Dick and MaryAnn's family

Friday March 15, 2013

         Connie , Bob and Mary  met up with Dick, MaryAnn, Chris, Nick, Sam, Annie, and Gretta for a tour of Gladys Porter Zoo.


Taking a break while the rest of group [the Grand kids] are walking through the Herpetarium [snakes and reptiles, not my favorite place]
--

Bob comes through the back gate with Paige [our 6 month old Flamingo]  to meet us and out of nowhere we have an impromptu education session happening.
Of course Paige is the main attraction

Bob easily launches into his "famous" talk and answers questions



The Girl in the wheel chair was looking bored, I ask her to wait [knowing Bob was on his way] but did not tell her why, After she said "That just made my day".  That is why we do what we do.



I liked this shot but does not do it justice,  you have to look to see the two Tigers.


Giraffes are always fun to watch

Giraffe Landing was open to feeding some greens.

"Hey , you taking my picture"??


I love doing Zoo tours, you never know what you are going to see and learn.

No comments: