Rain and Sand

The first rain in almost 3 months on April 27... Does it not look like summer in Michigan?





Now this is the way to play in the sand.

If you are ever on South Padre Island you must stop at the visitors center and see the sand sculpture. They have one on display all the time and change it every month. Some very talented sand carvers are on the Island.



This is all sand


If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can view all the details.

Leaving the Island across the Causeway [looking forward]


[Looking back]

All I can say about this is the view in the mirror was really awesome..even if it does not show in the photos. As I was driving and taking pictures Bob looked up and said WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? Gee, I thought he would know me by now. I TAKE PICTURES !!!







--

3 comments:

Connie said...

WHAT are you doing driving and taking pictures?! I wonder how long it takes to create the sand sculptures? Sand and sea sounds great - we have frost warnings tonight.

amy said...

Ok Connie you cannot call out grandma on driving and taking pictures because everyone I know says you drive and put on your makeup!! LOL! A few blogs ago you were riding on your bike taking pictures now the car!! You are one talented... I love the sand sculptures!

Van-Go said...

Great shots! Love the detail. Makes me want to go out and build us a castle!